Aleah's 1ST Out of town Volley Ball Adventure

Eric thought we should post Aleah's Volleyball adventure, just for kicks and giggles.
Saturday the 6TH of Sept. was Aleah's first out of town game. The crazy thing about living in the middle of nowhere, like we do is that the school sport teams often have to drive long distances to find another team to play. Well this past Saturday, Aleah was to play in Mountain View Wyoming which is out by Evanston WY.
Aleah was to be on the bus at 4:15 in the morning. The bus pull's out at 4:30 AM, no exceptions!!!! It is also district policy that a player MUST ride the bus to the game in order to play. They can not meet the team there, they can not ride down with parents etc. This is a very strict policy that they do hold firm to.
Well.... Friday night Eric and I went out. We tried to get in at a decent hour, but it was quite late when we finally made it home. We knew that Aleah needed to be completely ready for Sat. morning so we stayed up and took care of business. Aleah had to have a packed, breakfast, lunch and dinner for her day. She also needed healthy snacks (They are very strict on NO SUGAR), water, $10 for emergencies, a pillow and blanket (they cannot talk on the bus until 8:00am the girls are to go back to sleep) Her uniform, knee pads, shoes etc. She also needs to be dressed up in nice dress clothes to get on the bus. Okay, all that said, we got her ready, set our alarm for 3:45, then went to bed.
Well...........I opened my eyes and looked at the clock and it was 4:30!!!! We had slept through our alarm! I just was sick! I felt soooo bad! I jumped up, ran into Aleah's room and she was just sliding out of bed. I looked at her and just started to cry! I said "Aleah I am sooo sorry! we have missed the bus" She just looked at me and said "It's okay" I said "No Aleah its not okay! I feel just sick about it!" I text messaged her coach,(No talking on the bus,so a phone call would not work). While I am texting her, Eric's phone rings, he answers it and it is Aleah's coach. Eric is still half asleep, so he gives the phone to me. Her coach says that they waited as long as they could and have left the school. I said "What can I do?" She said "Nothing". I told her we would drive her to Mountain View so that she could at least cheer for her team and be there for support. Then her coach says "Do you by chance live South of town?" I said "No were right in town" She said "Well we are heading toward Hoback right now and have a pick up at Hoback Jct. If you can beat the bus, Aleah could get on the bus there" I said "We'll do our best!" We grabbed all Aleah's stuff ~ thank heavens we had it ready to go~ Jumped in the car and away we went! (I think I broke the sound barrier!) We were driving sooo fast! I said "Aleah, say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help us be safe and get there" (Is it okay to ask for Him to help you break the law??? I don't know) Anyway, we are speeding along and I look down at my gas gage ~ EMPTY!!! My light had been on since Thursday afternoon! I was for FOR REAL running on fumes!(between where we were and Hoback Jct. was a total of ZERO gas stations) I said "Aleah, say another prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help us make it we are sooo out of gas!" So there's Aleah praying again, asking to bail her crazy Mom out of a self inflicted situation! Well, we come around the last bend in the road, pull into the Juct.gas station and the bus had just pulled in!! WE MADE IT!!! Aleah's coach comes out and says "Yay Aleah! Get on the bus lets go!" I used my card put some gas in my car, thank Heavens for pay at the pump, because the store was closed! I pull out and begin my what should be 25 minute drive home (Aleah and I had just driven the same road in about 14 Minutes!) While I am driving, I have this truck come up behind me and start shining his lights at me. I feel a little nervous and just decide to ignore the thing. Well, this driver persist, and then comes along side me, keeping my pace, so I finally look over...........ITS ERIC! I pull over to the side of the road, he comes to the window and says "I'm on my knees praying that you two make it to Hoback safe and all the sudden the thought comes to me THEY DON'T HAVE ANY GAS!" So he was out looking for us on the side of the road (both Aleah and I left our phones at home) Any way, we all made it to our destinations, Aleah's team won 6 out of 8 games and kicked Star Valleys butt! Eric and I went back to bed and slept till 8:00. When Chance got up, we said "Your sister almost didn't make it to her game this morning" He said "I know, I layed in bed and listened to the whole thing!" He said "I haven't heard that much drama going on in our house ever I just decided to stay in my room and out of the way!" Next Friday we are all going to bed EARLY! We don't want a repeat of this past Sat. EVER again!


3 comments:

Terrell Times said...

Seriously so funny!!! How can we not believe in a God when he takes such good care of us? Do you have a name for the new little one yet?

Mark and Tawnya said...

That's so dang funny. Good story-telling. I almost felt like I was there with all the tears and drama. Cute pictures Aleah. We love you!!

Tiffany said...

Aleaha you are GORGEOUS!! LOVE YOU I am glad you made it! That was a wild story!