Correspondences are like large pants before the invention of suspenders; it is impossible to keep them up ~Sydney Smith

I was trying to come up with a good title for this blog and the one above seemed perfect! Trying to keep up with blogging this summer has been next to impossible!
Just like everyone else, we have been so busy with life! It seems like each day brings A list of things to do and not enough time to do them all. When my sister got on me this past week about my slacker blog job I knew it was time to get busy! Just kidding! Blogging is fun and I'm happy to be back in action!
I wanted to sum up the last few months so below are a few of our adventures in no particular order.......

4TH OF JULY WITH LYNNDEE AND HER KIDDOS
Lynndee was so sweet! She drove out here for a few days and was able to spend the 4TH of July with us. Mike had to work so we missed him but we were more than happy to spend time with Lynn and the kids. We love the 4TH in Jackson and have been attending the fireworks there for what seems like forever! It was so great to have family their with us. I love being around Lynndee she is so stinkin funny! I laugh till my gut hurts when I am with her. And her kids are so sweet! I love my little Niece and Nephews! Thanks Lynn! Joyah was great at the fireworks. She layed on my lap looking up at the show just smiling and laughing and clapping her hands! We couldn't believe it!




CATERING WITH ERIC
Eric and I were able to work on some fun catering projects this summer. We have so much fun working in the kitchen together and I think we make a great team! No one is just standing around eating! All joking aside we had allot of fun planning menus and then getting the ideas out there. It is always so stressful and so much work but SO rewarding when the night is over and you hear things like "That was as good as it gets" or "Can we have your card" What fun!!

CHANCE WORKING LIKE A DOG
Chance had a very busy summer at the hospital this summer. Working lots of hours and making lots of mooolaaa! He sure is a hard worker and he is really loved by his coworkers and employers. He was able to play a little to. Chance had a very sad loss this summer however ~ He spent Friday the 7TH of August all day at Palisades with his friends Erin, Cody And Leah along with several others... They boated all day and then spent the night camping by the lake. Saturday they boated and played. Saturday afternoon Erin brought Chance home, ran home and changed and headed into Jackson for work. Erin feel asleep at the wheel on the way and drove off the road. She was killed instantly. Her mother said "She fell asleep and drove herself home to her Father In Heaven" It was a very sad thing for Chance and all who knew and loved Erin. Erin was cremated.... They took her ashes out on a boat and spread them in the water, then all her friends jumped into the water with their clothes on and swam and laughed with her. It was a special memory and a great way to pay tribute to a wonderful, beautiful Young Woman.

This is a photo of Erin's ashes, Look at all the light on each cluster What a beautiful picture.


BEAR LAKE WITH THE NAYLOR CLAN
We absolutely LOVE getting together with the Naylors! Their are so many reasons why we love each and every member. As the years have drifted by, we have learned how precious family is and even more than that we have learned how rare it is to have family that truly loves one another! It is so nice to know that those you love and love you honestly do have your best interest at heart... It's so nice to know they are not bad mouthing you when you walk away, its nice to know that they don't have hidden agendas, that they are truly happy when you are happy! I love all my brothers and sisters and the spouses they chose are the BEST! I couldn't have hand picked in-laws (I hate that word) and done better! Thank you for Loving Eric so much and for bringing out the good in us! Thank you Naylor's. Thanks for being examples to our family and for loving us so much. We love you all so much too!



(Lynndee was telling me about her "Islam is the light" doll(found at the DI by our nutty mother) and I couldn't beleive it so she had to bring it and show me......creepy!)

JOYAH GROWING LIKE A WEED!
Our little bundle of Joyah just keeps on growing! She has been walking since she was about 9 1/2 months. She is climbing EVERYTHING! And man does that little girl bring us JOY! She is just a little bit weighing in at just over 16 LBS but don't let that fool ya! She makes up for her weight in personality!! I just cant believe how much love and laughter she has brought into our family! She has changed the entire dynamics of the Schreiber household! Our family could have never imagined what life would be like adding our little Joyah and now we could never imagine not having her here with us! Its like she has 4 parents! We all just want her all the time! I was just telling my family this weekend, no one person ever gets tired of her, before we know it, she is on to another family member who gladly takes her! Heavenly Father sure knew what He was doing sharing his little JOY with us!



ERIC AND I CELEBRATED OUR 20TH THAT'S RIGHT 20TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!
Okay this is a HUGE one! We joke that its 20 because we were married when we were 12! Not really but MAN time sure flys! We raised each other..... Our advice for what its worth..... Forgive quickly, Fight just to make up, Keep the passion alive, Surround yourselves with people who love you and bring out the best in you, Rid yourselves of negative and unhealthy people, Lots and lots of laughter and ALWAYS keep a eternal perspective! We really do love each other and have so much fun together! We were able to get away for just a few days, but we packed a lot in! We took Eric's motor cycle through Yellowstone park and up into Cook City Montana, We stayed a night there. Then we headed over Bear Tooth Pass, for those of you who have never had the opportunity to drive Bear Tooth Pass we say DO IT!! It is the MOST AMAZING drive! We went in a car 13 years ago and said then "Man this would be a fun trip on a bike" so.... We got the chance! We then went into Red Lodge Montana and stayed a night there Then made the entire trip back home in one full day! We hit a ton of rain on the way home man were we wet and tired! We had great rain gear and felt safe but man that rain came down hard and heavy! After it was all over and we were safe back home Eric and I just had to smile... the trip was allot like life.. Beautiful sunshine days and then some dark Sky's and rain, but its all part of the journey! I just cant believe how far we have come! Well, I take that back.... I can believe it! Eric is such a amazing man! He is such great father, he is so involved and so willing to step in and do his part MORE than his part! He is such a hard worker and a great provider for our family. I love you Eric and yes its cliche but Your Still The One!!!




ALEAH STARTED THE 8TH GRADE
Can this post be true? Sadly it is! It was so weird having just one start school this Sept! We love Aleah so much! I cant imagine our family without her! She brings such a light into our family. She started school with a smile on her face and ready to go. This move has been a hard one for her and she misses her Jackson friends but she is doing so well! Her grades are great and she is slowly making some good friends. Aleah has such a fun style and is always modest which is a challenging thing to be in these days! Aleah is taking a cultural foods class and is cooking for us all the time at home. She also loves her choir class and is trying out for some solos this fall. Any of you who have heard Aleah sing know she is quite the song bird, her voice is absolutely beautiful! Aleah thank you for making our family smile!!



NAYLORS TRIP TO WYOMING
We were lucky enough to have Bart and Stacey's clan and Grandma and Grandpa Naylor come visit for Labor day! Rich and Sherie and Bryce were also able to enjoy everyone. Palisades was so beautiful! That is the most underused reservoir! The water was beautiful and smooth and we just had a great day! Bart reminds me so much of my Dad... Dad was always so patient and was willing to spend as much time as it took to get every one up and skied out! I remember skiing with another family after I had left home... The guy took me around the lake a few times then just stoped the boat... he was tired of pulling me so I was done...WHAT THE CRAP! I was so used to just being able to ski as long as I wanted to and had strength! Thanks Dad for that and Thanks Bart! I'm sure the boat went home on empty! We hiked up to hidden falls, it was so beautiful. We experienced a little rain but that just added to the fun! And the fairy ride back was nice too! We picnicked and played and watched Jacob break his arm... it was a good one! We just had a all around great time! Thanks guys for making the trip out here we loved every minute of it!



TREK FOR CHANCE AND ALEAH
The Jackson Ward - Oh how we love them!- Let Chance and Aleah go on trek to Martins Cove with them. Both of them had a great time and came home feeling spiritually rejuvenated and feeling very loved! We are so grateful to have been in such a amazing ward with such amazing people! Thank you all for loving our children and for making them feel so special! I just cant say enough about it. We love you all


BLAH BLAH BLAH
Besides the above, we camped once, went on several hikes, worked in the yard allot.. I actually was able to reap a few tomatoes off my pitiful plants.. I'm gonna do better next year just you wait and see!
Well, If you were able to make it through the whole blog bless you!
Here comes winter!
We love all our family and friends and thanks for the gentle nudge to get my blogging going again!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

That was quite the update! But I loved reading it. Seems like you had an awesome summer. That is sad about Erin, but what great friends. I think your family is so cute! Love ya!

Jullie said...

Yay, we are bloggers again! I loved reading your post and must say that you had a summer packed with fun! Loved it!

Naylor's said...

It was so much fun seeing you guys. We wish we were closer so we could see you more often. We love you guy so much and can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

You have such a great family! I loved every minute we got to spend with you guys this summer:)

Mark and Tawnya said...

Yeah, I'm so glad that I gave you crap!! Yes everyone I was the sister that gave her crap for not blogging. You're all VERY welcome :) See Kee, you have such a great family we have to see pics and get updates. And yes, I did read the WHOLE thing. We love you!!